Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tis the season

Yesterday one of my fellow Kindergarten team members was sent home as she had little to no voice left and felt like poo. All this week we have seen kids dropping like flies. It's scary when you see the colds and flues start spreading around campus. So I had decided to go this morning to the local pharmacy and stock up on some preventative measures. Scarily enough, I woke up with a scratchy throat, a bit of a cough, and really congested. Sweet. So I'm wandering the aisles of Rite-Aid desperately looking for my Airborne, when I see not one, not two, but three ladies standing around holding bottles of Airborne, Emergen-C, and Germ Defense. I decide to join the conversation. Let me introduce you to the group, a Kindergarten teacher (me), a 1st grade teacher, a 4th grade teacher, and a preschool teacher . Not a single one of us work at the same school or knew each other and yet there we were. A couple weeks into school though, I shouldn't be surprised. OH the price we pay. SO, what is your preventative measure of choice? I'm serious; as I left today with all three because for the life of me I just couldn't pick one (and 2 of the 3 were 50% off), I'd like to know what works best for y'all out there. So is it


A) Airborne (and who knew how many flavors there were now!)


B) Emergen-C (classic go-to)


C) Germ Defense (a new one in my book, but preschool teacher SWORE by it but she just likes the easy to swallow pill, not the dissolve in water tablets)

3 comments:

Wila (aka Ali) said...

Ahhh, how I miss the delightful germs of Kindergarten :-) I drank a lot of the Airborne...I like the pink grapefruit. Note: (just in case you're as dumb as me...) don't put it in carbonated soda. Airbone+Diet Coke=one big mess in the car on the way to work. Tsk tsk. Good luck! (Plus, plenty of Lysol and purell!)

Polos & Pearls said...

the stomach bug is moving around my middle school. gross gross gross.

Mrs. Shelton said...

I tried to take Airborne once but couldn't get it down for the life of me! I usually just try to drink orange juice and pray! I did read where the teacher that invented Airborne was under a law suit because the was no proof her product worked???