Wednesday, September 24, 2008

1st date, help me!!!

Ok, remember a few posts back where I not so casually suggested everyone should make out with a boy in a bar?? Well, it has taken Bar Boy this long to ask me out on a legit date. I picked the location, because if I'd left it up to him, who knows how long it would've taken to pick a place. It's a place I'm very comfortable, great food, great atmosphere, sort of home turf... BUT WHAT DO I WEAR!!!! Here's the kicker of a day I have. Early release at school, which means meetings ALL afternoon. Followed up with a game at 5:15, thankfully home, in the freaking pouring rain they're calling for all afternoon. Then I'm supposed to hightail it home, shower, look gorgeous in something, by 745 for dinner and drinks. DAMNIT GREY'S ANATOMY PREMIER!! AHHHH!

Do I go casual, nice dark jeans, kitten heels, cute top and sweater/jacket with fun jewelery?

Do I go super sexy and snazz it up, this is a first date (but hello, we made out like teenagers in a bar, and I was wearing my super sexy dress... been there, done that?)

HELP HELP HELP.. This is Thursday night ladies, tomorrow, I am dating deficient.... What do you wear on 1st dates??

7 comments:

Wila (aka Ali) said...

Ohhhh, so exciting! For clothes, I say go sexy casual...dark jeans, heels, cute top and cardigan? Go a little extra sexy/sassy with a low cut tank or something... I often have trouble balancing the preppy/classic and still feel sexy. Good luck! How fun!

tickledpink said...

I like to wear dark jeans on a first date because you don't want to get too dressy since it's your first date with him. I think dark jeans, kitten heels and a really cute/snazzy top.
Good Luck and have fun!

LovesPINKandPEARLS said...

casual! let him know youre comfortable enough to be relaxed and gorgeous at the same time!

Barefoot in the Park said...

raincoat. pony tail... ok so the weather is making me grumpy ;) i'll email you suggestions! :)

KPB said...

RAINBOOTS! haha just kidding - that might seem a bit over the top. i agree with the jeans and comfy / snazzy look. have fun tonight! cant wait to hear the details.

Preppy in Philly said...

I agree with going casual, especially if the weather is crummy. The first outfit you described sounds absolutely perfect, provided your shoes won't ruin in the rain!

Vicki T said...

I think jeans and heels is the way to go, but you will of course be beautiful what ever you wear :)