Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Less than a month...

I can't wait to get back to my little Kindergarteners. I'm so over retail. I have no filter; all my emotions show on my face. It's an awful habit and I wish I knew how to break it. A fellow blog friend mentioned on her blog how rude it is for someone to be on their cell phone when checking out. Not only is it horribly rude to the clerk and the other customers as it most likely will slow you down, but it's also rude to the person with whom you're talking to. I mean, can't this conversation wait 5 minutes until you're outside and good to go???
_____

BUT, on a positive note, when I went home last week to my parents house for a day (yes, in Virginia, drove 4 hours there and back and yes, I'm still recovering), I brought back lots of fun things for the house. Lots of pictures for the walls (real adult in great frames kind of pictures) including my ridiculously pretentious diplomas. We go from my Highschool diploma, that is huge, bigger than my College dimploma. My Highschool dimploma has every teacher's signature on it, hence being so big. They believe that everyone at The Highschool contributes to your growth and education and eventually your graduation and they want all to be able to show their support. My College diploma is in Latin. Yep, all of it. There is a translation you are given so you can have a clue as to what all that is saying. I LOVE THEM.




3 comments:

Polos & Pearls said...

could not agree with you more about the phone useage. I hate it when people come into the bakery talking away and either hold me and the line up or whisper me their order because they have someone on the line! I feel your pain on the trip from VA... we drove up Sat. and came back on Sun.

Vicki T said...

I love the High School diploma! I think it's so cool that all the teachers sign it. And I can't wait till the day I get around to buying a frame for my dipoloma, so Todd and I can hang out pretentious latin diplomas on the wall side by side in pretentious and very large frames :P
xoxoxoxoxo :)

Jenna said...

Yay for a shout-out on your blog!!! :) My high school diploma is about the size of an 11 x 8.5" piece of paper and my GLORIOUS wm one is framed at my parents house... I cant wait to hang my UPenn, WM and my husband's UVA and med school diplomas up in our house one day. Talk about pretentious! :O lol