Thursday, July 10, 2008

Lazy afternoon...

These random days off during the week are worthless. I go into them with grand plans.  At the end of the day, I can rarely say I have been productive, though.  Tuesday, for example, I started watching a movie, baked some cookies, went to lunch with JHS, then went to a matinee.  Came back to CLJ and Steve-O's house where I'm dogsitting, played some guitar hero and went to bed.  Now today came. I SLEPT IN! I am ridiculously light sensitive when it comes to sleeping. So when I say I slept in, it was until 9am.  GO ME :)  I promptly got up, tended to the poor neglected dog (he was not pleased), ate some breakfast, and sat on their big comfy couch and watched tv.  They have direct tv and ever imaginable movie channel.  Totally unnecessary.  It is weird and cloudy, but when the sun started coming out I threw on some shorts, a bathing suit top, grabbed the pup and sat out on the backporch enjoying the sun.  After awhile I got my new book of the moment, "Into the Wild" (no, have not seen the movie) and decided not to do a thing.  Here I am, just finished watching the 2nd of the Queen Elizabeth movies (the first one was better), and trying to figure out what to do with the rest of the day. 


Part of me feels guilty for not doing something with these days.  But what are days off than exactly that. Time for yourself to do what you want not what you HAVE to.  So here are to lazy summer days. 

Know what I really want right now though??  Frozen thin mints... don't ask me why..  It's more, WHY NOT :)

2 comments:

Vicki T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicki T said...

I made a hideous spelling error in my first comment...whoops.

I resisted the urge to buy girl scout cookies this year. I regret that choice deeply now.

One year I bought some and put them in the freezer vowing not to eat them til after July 1. It was a very satisfying experience to dig them out of the freezer mid-summer and enjoy that treat. :)

Good for you on sleeping in too, you make me proud :P