Monday, July 14, 2008

2 more days of work

and then it's off to Carolina Beach!!!!



Heading down Thursday early and staying until as late as possible on Monday. Off to celebrate TWF's 25th birthday. CAN'T WAIT!!


Our favorite things about going to Carolina Beach:

bocce on the beach

THE FAT PELICAN!!!

drinking on the beach

being utterly lazy

getting tan

The north end and getting trucks stuck :)


and a lot more that I'll just have to leave up to your imagination



But for now, the roommate (I'll call her Curly) and I are going to watch the 2nd half of Gone With The Wind. Yesterday we came upon the fact that she has never seen it! NOR read the book. Well, anyone that knows me at all knows this movie and book are 2 of my favorite things ever. I'm just so happy to be sharing this with her on top of an excuse to watch it again. Even though I have a book already in progress (Into the Wild.. I'll let you know how it goes), I might have to take GWTW as my beach book :)


Has anyone read/seen the book/movie???? Did you not love it?!

4 comments:

Red and White Preppy said...

Loved the book more...but there are scenes from the movie...oh, be still my beating heart! :)

Hope you have fun at the beach!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I can't believe your friend has not seen the movie! I read the books years ago so I don't remember much of it.

Enjoy your weekend at the beach!

Vicki T said...

I first read GWTW in 6th or 7th grade. It was perhaps one of the most influential books in my life and led to my love of all things southern :)

Anonymous said...

i loved the book! :) I read it in 8th grade I think and fell in love with it ever since :)