Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Miss me?

AHH! I can't believe how MIA I have been. SO much has happened since I last posted. Here is a mini-recap until I can sit down, hopefully tonight, and fill you in:

~ Bachelorette weekend in Raleigh
~ Wedding in Maryland
~ Resigning of contract for job next year (A good thing I hope!)
~ Finalized field hockey coaching position for fall
~ MOVING!!!!!!!!!!!! Just up the road a bit to an adorable house with 2 other girls. Time to peace out of my current situation :) So that first week of June, school will be ending, and I will be moving. THANK GOD!
~ And I'm going to the Carolina Country Club tonight for a reception for Alumni, Parents, and Friends of my Highschool.. Break out the Lilly and the pearls. Back to The Highschool we go :)

Can't wait to put up pictures from the wedding and fill you in on all my goings on.

I need a fun cocktail dress. I really really need help where to go. I kind of want something blue or navy. I have long blonde hair and being tan, I'm feeling inspired. I don't have many and I need one for a wedding party. Anyone seen anything?? PLEASE HELP. Where do you go to get cocktail, but not beaded all over the place, too old for a 25 year old, dresses???

6 comments:

PreppyPeshke said...

Have you looked at Nordstroms for a cocktail dress? They have a great selection online and you can sort by color - I found a super cute navy and white zigzag print from Milly. I bought a similar belted strapless by Shoshanna there in the spring that is a orangey/red and white print with gold threads. It is so cute!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I agree with Nordstrom too. J Crew also has cute cocktail dresses. Good luck! Let us know what you decide on!

Well I Do Declare said...

So glad you are back! I had been wondering... CCC should be fun. Have you been going to North Hills for beach music? RW&P tells me Nelsons/Fosters opens tomorrow night.

As for the dress, I vote for J.Crew. I would not only check Jcrew.com but Ebay as well :)

Vicki T said...

Yay! I was wondering when you would post!

I would normally never recommend Ann Taylor Loft for Cocktail dresses, but they have quite a few very cute dresses right now AND they are doing LOTS of navy, pink, black and red for the spring and early summer stuff. I just signed up for their e-mail list and I get a coupon just a about everyday (same for Ann Taylor) and they are having teacher appreciation week specials this week.

Stephanie said...

indeed, missy, good to hear from ya! awesome to hear about the move, and the contract signing for next year. we should get on the phone soon. i'll add you to the list :\

Anonymous said...

I would agree with everyone here. I always head JCrew, Lord and Taylor and Nordstroms. Try the JCrew online sale section. You can get a fabulous deal on a cute dress. :)