Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

This week is spirit week at school. I know I teach Kindergarten, so we're supposed to be into these kinds of days, dress up in teacher christmas sweaters, where all red and pink on Valentines Day, but SPIRIT WEEK people!! Monday, let me tell you, I wore my pajamas and monkey slippers. Tuesday, my hair had a million clips and ribbons and I was definitely channeling Princes Leia. Now for today, I faced a dilema because I have been 1 of maybe 3 or 4 teachers actually participating in Spirit Week. So I toned down my outfit to my gold Jack Rogers, dark blue jeans, superman St. Jude's t-shirt, and long flowing red cape with my gold bangles and a gold headband. The kids love it. You would think in an Elementary School, I wouldn't get stares from other teachers. I love my kids, I'm trying my best to love my job and where I work, so today, I am Super Teacher, loved by all :)

4 comments:

Wila (aka Ali) said...

As a fellow kindergarten teacher, enjoy the freedom to be wacky! I loved being able to do things that were a little crazy, and people always chalk it up to the fact that you teach little ones!!! Yeah, Super Teacher!

Barefoot in the Park said...

i wish i could wear a cape to work. perhaps it would help me cope with clients a little better :)

Red and White Preppy said...

People need to get over themselves. I get fussed at if I don't participate in Spirit Week at my high school! Good for you for having fun :)

Stephanie said...

PLEASE tell me you got a picture of yourself in this outfit!!!