Monday, April 21, 2008

Loving afternoon thunderstorms

I had an all over the place weekend. Thursday started it off with an evening at North Hills listening to The Embers. Friday was a day in the sun with all the Kindergarten classes down at NCSU Farm. We petted cows, horses, held baby chicks and rabbits, got in big John Deere tractors and ate fresh icecream. I was thoroughly exhausted at the end of the day, ready for a beak from the chilluns. Friday night was a low key night up at White Oak with friends. Up bright and early for work at Tookie's Toys. Then a couple girls and I went to Lilly's for dinner. SO GOOD!! Then we went back up to White Oak where the fun continued. JPB's younger sister and 3 of her collegiate friends came after the Carrie Underwood show and were drunk. It was fun to stand back and watch, wondering if that's how I acted when drunk and in college as a freshman. Everything is 'high drama'. Sunday I desperately tried to sleep in a little but it was off to work again at Tookies. Leaving straight from there I went to a friends house for he was throwing his girlfriend a "Welcome to Raleigh, thanks for moving here for me, see all my (our) friends party". They are too cute for words and I enjoyed myself thoroughly. I ended the evening with fresh sheets on the bed; one of my most favorite things ever :)

5 things about me. I've seen lots of people do this, and I think it's a good idea to spread out the love. SO every Monday I will write 5 things about me. Here it goes:

1. I am originally from Virginia. A (I guess not so) little (anymore) town, Culpeper. About an hour south of DC, hour north of Richmond. I love and miss it, but LOVE Raleigh, and think I'll probably be staying in this neck of the woods for awhile.

2. Both my parents, my older sister, and I, and currently my 'little' brother all attended boarding highschools. Not because we were sent off, but because we lived out in the middle of nowhere and our parents wanted the best education out there.

3. I am still working on completing my teaching license, hopefully working something out with Meredith to get it wrapped up in the next year.

4. My father's family is from Sweden. It is a dream of mine to go there and meet all my extended family. I can read Swedish and apparently "have a great tongue for the language" but have no idea what I'm readin 99.94% of the time.

5. I drive a Volvo!!!!! Her name is Parker and I love her dearly. She is getting up there in years, but I hope to have her around for awhile longer. And no, I have NO shame in naming my car :)

5 comments:

magnoliabelle said...

No worries....I named my car too! She's a RAV4 and her name is Lola!

Stephanie said...

you can read swedish??

Nelly said...

I used to want to go to boarding school so bad! haha

Magnolias & Juleps said...

yep, the little brother motivated me to learn the different pronunciations of letters. i'm sure i sound like an ass that thinks they know how to say the words and i may be horribly wrong, BUT apparently i'm good at the gutteral languages (german, etc).. WHO KNEW!

Barefoot in the Park said...

how did the crazy hair go? i have crazy hair and it is not due to a special day. :(

aparently i was a bad dental patient and thought i had just not gone in a year...whoops..it was a year and a half. no cavities though :)