Monday, April 7, 2008

And we're back...

Sorry about the extended absence. One of the (many) joys of being a teacher, is still having spring breaks and summer breaks. Spring break is short enough that you don't feel guilty not doing something productive because alas, summer break is just too long for me to be able to afford doing nothing. I am still in search of a summer job, so if you have any ideas, please let me know!!

My spring break consisted of many things. It started off with a bang with a bridal shower (that I started to plan but then the actual Maid of Honor realized that she should probably step in and she took over). It was a sweet little bridal shower, though painfully awkward at times. I'm pretty shy and socially deficient most of the times, but I broke out of my shell and tried to make the best of it. It's just so hard when you have enough people from so many different strokes of life that, though they have the bride in common, have nothing in common. You have the childhood friends, the college friends, the parents, the family friends, the post-college friends. Though you may all know of each other to an extent, when thrown in a room together, it can get bad. BUT you make the most of it and just focus on the positives and think of all the great times to come. And let me tell you, I can not wait until this wedding. She is the best bride ever and I have loved being a part of all of it. It is May 4th at Celebrations at the Bay. It is an all inclusive place just south of Baltimore and looks amazing. The wedding will hopefully be outside overlooking the bay, but if need be because of weather we can move inside, no biggie. It may seem like a huge amount to give to just one person, but it is providing absolutely everything. I think thats an awesome way to go if you're planning a big wedding all on your own. I CAN'T WAIT!!

The rest of my spring break consisted of me stealing the above Bride for a whirlwind tour all over Virginia. She loves coming to my parents house in middle of nowhere VA (Culpeper) and just vegging. But that is not what we did. Each morning we were up and at 'em early with grande plans for the day. In the course of 3 days we went hiking, went to Luray Caverns, explored the little town (Sperryville) where I grew up, went all over Culpeper and saw the sights, and had a very impromptu spur-of-the-moment trip to Williamsburg to visit our Alma Mater and see some friends. All in all it was exhausting but so much fun. Being able to have that much time with one of my bestest before she gets married, have a chance to take her away from all the stresses and just not worry about the RSVPs for a minute.. it was definitely worth it.

Before this wedding in early May, I have one of my other bestests bridal weekends here in Raleigh. We have lots of fun activities and whatnot planned, and obviously I know my way around the Raleigh bars, but does anyone have some hidden little gem that would be a fantastic place to go with a large bridal party and friends group?? SARAH, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT READING ANY OF THE COMMENTS!!!!! :-P


8 comments:

SLS said...

I am glad to hear you had a nice break. Hope your week goes well!

Red and White Preppy said...

What kind of stuff do y'all like? Do you want something crowded, a bar where you can socialize, a bar where you can dance? Let me know, and I'll think of ideas :)

Magnolias & Juleps said...

It's a very fun group, great friends from college, some new faces.. we would probably go to a dancing place, so i was thinking maybe glenwood south, start at bogarts, and we can work our way down? and maybe even bop over to blue martini? what do you think?

Red and White Preppy said...

I think Bogart's is a great place to start unless you're trying to converse at first. Blue Martini isn't a bad place if y'all just want to get started on drinks and catch up. I've seen several bachelorette parties start off at Blue Martini before. If you like dancing, don't mind a really preppy crowd (lots of frat boys and sorority girls), and don't want to be hit on by freaks, try Nelson's or Foster's. I like going there because I'm not hit on that much and don't have creepy guys trying to dance up on me :)

Let me know if you need any more help!

Some Like it Southern said...

You've been tagged! =)

magnoliabelle said...

I tag you too:)

Magnolias & Juleps said...

I thought about fosters, but the few times i've bopped over there from The Point or churchills where i go a lot, NOOONE has been in there.. and nelsons, is it still nelsons? i heard it was becoming fosters again, but its still open for drinks.. i think its just going to depend on what shape we're in when we actually get to heading out.. where is it safest to take a bunch of drunk girls.. i mean, women.. but i think dancing is a must, so i think fosters would be great and then maybe i can save some of my sanity by running over to churchills to find my boys :) OH, and i never mind a preppy crowd.....

Red and White Preppy said...

The thing about Foster's/Nelson's (soon to be Foster's as well) is that neither one of them really gets crowded until 12ish or later. I have no idea why that is, but it's definitely the case.