Tuesday, October 7, 2008

eckanayszha????


***
For about 30 minutes today, a fellow Kindergarten compatriot and I were discussing my immune system, or what seems to be my lack of one. I have come down with one nasty cold. Yes, this is a mere week after getting the stomach bug. I have promised myself this fall, I would not fall prey to any kind of health problem. 2 years ago, October 4, emergency surgery to remove my days-until-failure infected with ganggreen gall bladder, out for... well, not long enough.. 2 weeks plus lots of half days. 1 year ago, November 14, Pnuemonia, missed Thanksgiving, out for 1.5 weeks, plus lots of half days (I have a hard time staying home and away from school for as long as I'm supposed to... perhaps some of the reason why I get sick a lot... I don't know when to quit.. hmmm... anyway). So this year, I backed off from working at the toy store as much, I'm trying to eat better, be good about taking vitamins, washing hands, etc etc. I wanted a healthy Fall. This year, thus far, I have had 1) ear ache 2) cold with bad cough 3) stomach bug 4) cold from hell. This current cold, has me coughing, both ears achey, breathing through one nostril at a time, and to top it all off, it seems to be focusing it's energy in my neck. Yes ladies and gentlemen (do I have any gentlemen readers??), I have a cold in my neck. Actually, it's a viral thing going around apparently, and my neck hurts like (excuse my language) crap. But it comes and goes in waves. So I've been taking cold medicine which has only reminded me of the many reasons why I DON'T take cold medicine. I had to have people repeat things multiple times, have students remind me what I was talking about, and I was walking the halls like a zombie. I still felt like poo, the only difference, I didn't really care! Hahaha. I was almost a complete waste of space today. Don't even get me started on how much fun the girls made of me at practice. Good times had by all :)

So those of you out there, that aren't graced by the presence of 20+ runny noses in your face on a daily basis, love your health, build your immune system, and send me healthy vibes...

OH WAIT.. The WHOLE point of this post had to do with ecanasha (which is the correct spelling, not the post title). So, my teacher friend and I were discussing even more ways to boost my immune system and we couldn't for the life of us thinking of ecanasha. We were saying eucharist, eckshell, and so many others except ecanasha. Then finally, sitting in silence on the playground, we literally all of a sudden turned towards each other and screamed 'ECANASHA!". After the laughing stopped, we were silent again, and I asked.... "Now how do you spell it?"

***The above post is a very good example of why I should not take any type of cold medicine. I apologize

5 comments:

tickledpink said...

My immune system got zapped out when I had to take some medication similar to chemo but it was bilogical instead. I know how hard it is not to get everything you around daily; especially with children. They suggested to me b12 shots, but I am still seeking other ways to build up my immune system. Try sleeping with a heating pad on your neck for the pain. I hope you feel better!

Barefoot in the Park said...

i think its time to try "alternative" medicine miss. m&j. perhaps accupuncture? you need to be well so we can visit!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Stephanie said...

haha, actually dear, it's echinacea :) and yes, it can't hurt to take it. I also have been recommended and find useful to take zinc as soon as i feel potentially sick - it's an immune system booster too.

Vicki T said...

Yes! Try Zinc tablets! You can get them at Rite Aid pretty cheap. They don't taste to bad and they're supposed to help. Also, you might try your GP and see if you can get 1) flonase (in comes in cheapie generic too) and 2) Allegra (also comes in generic). Since living here, I've come down with a MONSTER Sinus infection that starts with congestion and then morphs into headaches, ear infections (never had an ear infection in my life til I was 22) and all kinds of rotten stuff. I start taking Allegra and Flonase on Oct. 1 and it keeps well.