Wednesday, October 29, 2008

18 years and counting

So, Nov. 8th is my 'little' brother's 18th birthday. I will actually get to see him on his birthday this year, and I'm desperately trying to be a cool older sister and get him an awesome present. But I am at a loss. I have less than 2 weeks to reach 'cool' status, so I realized I need to reach out for help.


He is active, loves lacrosse, all sports, being outdoors, sailing, but does do the video game thing. Hmm, sounds like a typical boy. He goes to boarding school (like me, and our older sister!), so some things are off limits (like someone suggested I buy hime some alcohol... NOPE). It's so hard to think of him as 18, and not my little brother. I coach girls younger than him, and yet feel like I treat them older. But he'll always be my baby brother... as much as he would roll his eyes and mutter something under his breathe if he heard me say that.

HELP!!!


PS: this picture is about 2 years old, but he is that much taller than me, a solid 6''1'!! And still wears the hippy hemp necklace, as preppy as that boy is, he throws some curve balls in every now and then ;-)

1 comments:

Y'all Spoken Here said...

How LUCKY the very cute Baby Bro is to have a SISTER like you! Why don't you have him come and spend a weekend with you, as his 18th B-Day gift? If he is like Annie B, she does LOVE to spend some time with her sister, who is WAY cooler than her parents! Going out to dinner and hanging out with YOUR friends will give him a hint of what is in store for him. And, by the way, CONGRATS are in order on the grant award to go back to finish up your certification! Teaching is a wonderful calling, and you obviously have the gift!