Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Bunco, field hockey, and kindergarten OH MY

I can't beleive a) how bad I've been this summer about posting and b) how quickly summer has gone by!!! This upcoming weekend, my boys are having a end of the summer bash and I just remember a couple months ago how far away it seemed and now all of a sudden it's here!!! What do you do to close the summer season???

Next week I, with Barefoot in the Park, get to host Bunco Night!!! It's a great group of girls who I met through Barefoot and though I've been a little slack in my attendence the past few get togethers, I'm so excited. I think some new comers will join us too!!! Yay Red and White Preppy and Well, I Do Declare!! Hope y'all can make it!!

Today is the first day of Field hockey practice at SMS. Last year it was a fantastic year and the girls were awesome. We went all the way to the States Finals, first time in school history, and lost in double overtime in strokes. If you don't know what that means, it's like in soccer when you have penalty kicks; one player vs. the goalie. I think one of the most unfair ways to determine the outcome of a game; but so be it. We lost pretty much ALL of our starting lineup to graduation, so it's a bit of a rebuilding year, but I can't wait to get started. (a little nervous too though!!) I'll be keeping you posted how we do!!

AND school starts sooo soon!! First day of classes on the 25th, but I'll be going in a bunch all of next week to get things all set up. OH I can't wait. As intimidating as the beginning of a new year is, I like how we have a staggered entry. We only have 5 or 6 kids come in each day so we can do initial assesments on them and see where they all stand coming into school for the first time. It's so eye opening every time I do it to really see what you're getting yourself into.

EEEK, still working at the toy store so I better get going before I'm late!!

2 comments:

Red and White Preppy said...

I am SO excited about Bunco next week. I need to read up on the rules though :)

I have every intention of seeing you on Saturday!

Polos & Pearls said...

love love love bunco and love love love field hockey even more! i grew up playing in VA and had the choice of playing in college, but choose softball in the great state of NC! have fun!!!