Sunday, June 28, 2009

We're in....

As a few of my guy friends like to say whenever they correctly do something (find the write channel, get the internet to work, get the car started, you name it, they'll say it); well, WE'RE IN! (and no..... get your mind out of the gutter right now missy).  Ladies and gentlemen, I have moved once again.  It is an amazing disaster, boxes everywhere, nothing unpacked, and I still have stuff (just clothing) at the old place.  Long story short, I have to pay rent at old and new house in July, so I figured I'll worry about all my hanging clothes later after I figure out where in the world I'm going to put them in my new teeny closet!!! EEEK. 


The parents came down to help me move and as it turned out the 3 of us moved everything. I thought I was going to have some manly help, but apparently a trip to Figure 8 took precedence. Needless to say all that beer I was going to buy them for saying they would help me, well, I think they now owe ME! But with only a few minor confrontations between everyone, we're both in (me and Peaches the roomie).  I came up and stayed with my parents for the night, though not planned. I wanted to spend the night in my new house, first night, but my parents are staying at one of my friends' home who are out of town, and when I fell asleep on the sofa, they didn't wake me. Hahaha, imagine the confusion :)  So as I'm sitting here waiting for my home-cooked breakfast (suhweeeeet), I figured I'd say hey to everyone.  

I think I'm going to go home and take 'before' pictures of boxes everywhere so I can give you the fabulous 'after' pictures.  I can't wait for it to be all set up and good and ready to go.  We're hoping to have everything together for a something the weekend after the 4th.  Shall it be a stock the bar party, cookout, straight up housewarming, who knows!!  

I need ADVICE on something...
         Peaches the roommate has these fabulous chairs for the back deck and a table that goes with them. This table however used to have a glass top.  This glass is now no longer with us, but getting a big piece of glass cut I know you all know is NOT cheap.  Has anyone found an out of the ordinary type of place to go, a good way to find cheap glass. I don't want it scratched or poorly cut or anything, but ya know what I mean???  Or any fabulous super cheap ideas to remedy the situation short term until we can afford the new glass?  

I'm thinking I'll be writing frequently, as I see myself getting bored, tired, exhausted with unpacking and will need some breaks :)

Hope everyone's summer is going fabulously!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Vicki T said...

plywood with a table cloth over it? or maybe you could get one of those plastic picnic table cloths and "upholster" a round of plywood using a staple gun. I'm not sure if getting plywood cut is pricey, but it has the potential to be cheap. Try the thrifts stores too, maybe you can find a similar table and buy it for the glass. If it's less than $30 I think it'd be worth it.

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking the same thing as Vicki.. but you can also so plywood and do a mosaiac tile on it. Just get a bunch of old plates that you like from a thrift store-- break them and glue them onto the plywood that was cut to fit the table. You can create it with the colors you want to match it perfectly :) Hope this helps and Congrats on the new house! yay! :)