Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Not so SURE!



So the season is fully here for me to worry about how SURE! I am. The past year or so, I have sadly realized that not every deoderant works for me. I have tried:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31MTF7P4GML._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-4,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpghttp://images.healthpricer.com/beauty/hygiene_images/large/10480000/10482745.jpg http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/content/ebiz/wilkinsonplus/invt/0150417/0150417_m.jpg http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/187610/200.JPG
and frankly none of them are working anymore. They don't keep me dry, not very fresh if ya know what I mean, and that's just not gonna cut it. I spend 3o minutes at least outside, from 1:00 to 1:30pm every afternoon during recess, and well, you know here in Raleigh what it can be like. I currently have the Dove Cool Cucumber and I just do not like the way it smells after being put to the test. I can reapply before and after, and BLEH! I need something that will help me through this time of need!! Help me?? What have you used that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? It's not so much the antiperspirant that I need, if you catch my drift. PS; my favorite part of the commercial.. 3 words.. Statue... of... Liberty.

AND I really will need it Saturday at:



Was this just a little TMI??? Too much information??

8 comments:

heather said...

have you tried the secret clinical strength deodorant? I used Dove & regular Secret for a long time but it was never enough. This stuff does a better job, and I think it's available in TWO scents now. or there is always botox...my sis has gotten that and it works wonders (but isn't cheap - though may be medically covered by insurance!)

Vicki T said...

Ohhh, no botox keeps you from sweating under your arms, but it means you sweat MORE elsewhere. Believe me, I have looked into it.

Go to your GP tell them you are sweating up a storm, and ask for drysol. It comes in generic and on most insurance plans should be $5-$10.

You need to use it every night at first and then you only need "touch-ups" after that. A bottle of drysol should last you AT LEAST 3 months. WAY cheaper than secret clinical which in my opinion, doesn't really work. And I am a sweaty beast. So I know.

My favorite sweaty moment is hiking to the bus stop in July in my work clothes. UGH.

Magnolias & Juleps said...

no no.. i'm not really sweating.. hence the, dont need an anitpersperant, need a better deoderant part of it... perhaps, like my sister said, i went with a deoderant that smells of food.. food never smells fresh and clean... eh :)

Lisa said...

Secret Clinical DOES NOT work for me, but I actually have tried Degree Clinical and it actually does the job. I bought secret by accident last and have been suffering. I also had the same problem with Dove being super soft, but having a super not awesome smell after the fact.

Try Degree Clinical, let me know if it works for you.

I've also looked into Botox and am still considering it, but my dermatologist doesn't do it anymore and referred me to a not-Doctor in Chapel Hill... NO THANK YOU!

Barefoot in the Park said...

i heart degree. it works great!

ACH said...

Not TMI at all, please let us know if you find something that works!

Well I Do Declare said...

I am also a secret clinical strength fan... I really like the way it smells. I do hate the price. They have some loyalty program I need to be looking into. Another thing I have found to work is Certain Dri, but if you aren't a sweater, you prob dont need it.

Unknown said...

I used the Secret Clinical new/improved Waterproof version for the first time on Saturday as a bridesmaid in a wedding.

The stuff worked perfectly, I was mega impressed!!