Sunday, April 12, 2009

A beautiful day...

I went back up to Virginia to the rents for the Easter weekend. On Saturday, Mama T, VLK, and I went Winery Hopping!! SOoooo much fun. When I have a bit more time I'll put up the links to where we went and tell you all about it. Thoroughly enjoyed myself.

On my drive back down, thanks to a radio station that only plays beach music Sunday afternoons, I was thoroughly enjoying the peace and quiet of the 4 hours I had to myself. With about 2.5 hours still left on my drive, I see a car coming up in the other lane. The person in the passenger seat seems to be waving.. or something. As we get closer, I realize that is exactly what that person, or child was doing. With a big old smile on her face, looking right at me, a complete stranger was waving to me. For a split second I thought perhaps my car is on fire, do I have a flat, am I dragging something.... then as we were about to pass, I realized, she was simply waving. At the last second, I shot my hand up and waved back with a big smile on my face. For the next mile, thank you Rt. 15, I didn't pass a single vehicle, but I couldn't get the smile off of my face. Finally, I saw a car coming... and I waved

Happy Easter

http://chrishartimages.com/pics/chi_2001.jpg

5 comments:

ACH said...

I love it! I had a similar experience while jogging today...maybe it's something about Easter where everyone is just happy? Or is it Virginia? Either way, I ran an extra mile, also with a big smile on my face :)

Lisa said...

What a PRECIOUS story! Thanks for sharing - I had to share it in my Google Reader, too - hope it'll keep the good vibes going on for a nice, long while ;-)

Glad you had a great one!

Stephanie said...

reallllly cute :D

Emily said...

That's great. Exactly what it's all about! It reminds me of the time my dad's BFF drove through a fast food restaurant only to be told the person in front of him had paid for his meal! So, he paid for the guy behind him!

Chris W. Hart said...

HI, I'm Chris Hart from Chris Hart Images and I wanted to say that this is a wonderful application of one of my photos and thanks for keeping the water mark intact.

Lovely story.

Cheers,

Chris. :)