Monday, January 12, 2009

The Glory Days

I have a wonderful group of friends who tell stories over and over again. Among us, they never seem to get old, and believe it or not, stay relatively true to the reality. I used to laugh whenever we'd get into story telling mode, but it makes me realize how much we love being together and cherish the memories we have made. If you never had stories to tell, then what have you been doing with your life???

Last night, a friend from college came into town, JPB and TWF (White Oak boys), and WIDD and R&WP met up at our Sunday night stomping ground, The Goat. I believe I've talked of this fine establishment before, but if you don't remember, let me refresh your memory. Every Sunday evening, they have Dollar Mystery Beer. Summed up, you walk up to the bar, hand the man a dollar, and he reaches into a large trash can full of ice and random beers, and grabs whatever is on top. It's fantastic. With the Carolina/Wake game on, it was a rowdy night, full of the typical random collection of people, and we were all huddled around our table just shooting the breeze. Not that you don't want to live in the present and appreciate all you have at the moment, but looking back at the good times, makes you appreciate where you are now! So I loved sitting around, getting Goat faced at the shit bar, with good friends, old, kinda old, and new..... A wonderful way to start off the week...


AND to top it all off, TWF's father came into town late night. Now Mr F is a wonderful man, and I would consider him my second father. Mrs F is my godmother and they are a wonderful family and have been a huge part of my life and it made me so unbelievable happy to see him. We normally see each other over the holidays, but timing never worked, and so I hadn't seen Mr F since this summer? Goodness, I can't even remember! So after a few beers, staying up pretty late for a Sunday, and sharing a bed (don't cuddle well with the ladies... good thing I like the man folk :), I'm a little tired this afternoon. But the sun is shining, it was a wonderful weekend, and it's going to be a great week.
I hope Mr F stays in town tonight so we can hang out some more!! Makes me miss my Papa though.... His birthday is coming up. Any suggestions for a good daddy birthday gift?

5 comments:

Red and White Preppy said...

TWF are my daddy's initials :) So much fun last night!

Well I Do Declare said...

Fun times last night :) We'll have to do it again, like every Sunday!

As for the Dad gift, what about something you and him might do/go to together???

Vicki T said...

Who was in town??

LovesPINKandPEARLS said...

omgosh mystery beer sounds fantastic!

Lisa said...

Haha, you all and The Goat... might just have to meet you all there one night!