Thursday, February 7, 2008

For lent...........

That time of year again. Lent.. and no, I haven't decided yet. I'm still working on figuring out what I'm going to give up, change, stop, whatever.. I'll let you know when I figure it out. What are you giving up??

TIME TO PRAY:

A pastor asked a little boy if he said his prayers every night. "Yes sir,"the boy replied."And, do you always say them in the morning, too?" the pastor asked. "No sir," the boy replied. "I ain't scared in the daytime."

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD: A Sunday School teacher decide d to have her young class memorize one of the most quoted passages in the Bible; Psalm 23. She gave the youngsters a month to learn the verse. Little Rick was excited about the task, but, he just couldn't remember the Psalm. After much practice, he could barely get past the first line. On the day that the kids were scheduled to recite Psalm 23 in front of the congregation, Ricky was very nervous. When it was his turn, he stepped up to the microphone and said proudly, "The Lord is my Shepherd, and that's all I need to know."

0 comments: