Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Because I said so......

Today, I will be drinking wine with dinner.


Sometimes I wonder why when I go home I get so cranky when my roommate has his shoes on my cream sofa, when my neighbor's puppy won't stop barking, when I can't find the show I want to watch, when my DVD skips, and so on and so on. But let's think about what I do ALL day, EVERY day.... I tell things what to do, and they get punished when they do not follow my directions. So when my roommate can't even remember to take his shoes off, I get cranky. When the dog continues to bark even when I will it to stop, I get cranky. Things are supposed to do what I say BECAUSE I SAID SO. I don't have a boyfriend, husband, child, puppy of my own to boss around (hehe), I come home to nothing (sounds far more drastic than I mean it to be). So I truly think I'm allowed a little extra wiggle room in the b*tch department.


If everyday you were in charge of 20 little things running around, and a grown-ass woman (my teacher assistant whom I love and could not live without), it's a little hard to shift roles and NOT be 'in charge' on the home front..... or am I way off base here?


1 comments:

Victoria said...

I totally have a similar problem. I feel like I have to be so "on" with the summer associates, that a lot of days when I go home, it's a struggle to hold it together and be civil to anyone.