Monday, April 12, 2010

Kindergarten and Skirts

My entire life I have wanted to be a teacher. Even to this day, almost at the end of my 3rd year of teaching Kindergarten, I marvel that I was lucky enough to fall into this position and realize exactly what I wanted to teach. I am walking around, sitting on the floor, squatting, bending, pacing the entire day. One day I really want to wear a pedometer to see exactly how far I walk. Due to this type of movement all day, it's difficult or just plain inconvenient to wear a skirt. Now, I wore a long flowy skir the other day that was perfect for squatting, sitting criss-cross applesauce, and hiding 2 children under the excess fabric while still being completely clothed. But I have so many cute things in my closet that I just can't bring myself to wear. I look at the 1st grade teachers and they wear cute things and sometimes short (well, teacher short) skirts. But they do not get on the ground, pick children up, or do Kindergarten level things nearly as often. I'm straight up jealous sometimes. I woke up this morning, sun is shining, and it's absolutely wonderful outside. I love spring. So I said, Ms. T, suck it up, wear a dress, look cute, feel great. So I did. And I love it. So here is to not letting the job stop me from wearing what I want. Below is a dress similar to the one I'm wearing. Paired with a little white cardigan and my white "tori burch" flats, I think I look darn cute :)

4 comments:

LuvRedandWhite said...

Way to go, Miss T :) I'm wearing a dress, too...my outfits affect my teaching mood ;)!

*D* said...

of course you can dress up and be a kindergarten teacher, I do it all the time! i even bravely wear heels some days :)

Mimi said...

some teachers at my old high school dress up, and their students always look forward to what they're going to wear everyday. i know high school is way different than kindergarten, but i thought i'd share that. :)

btw, i love the white ballet flats. :)

p.s. i am now a follower. follow me too? thanks! :)
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

*D* said...

p.s. I left a gift for you on my blog! :)