Friday, February 19, 2010

Explanation

OK OK OK.

Yes, beer on a porch is a little redneck. BUT, hear me out. I was having a slumber party at a friend's house while the husband was out of town. We were all bringing over beer, eating pizza, watching movies, playing games, and maybe even throw in painting our nails. But since a lot of us were crashing, and I wanted to make sure I slept on something somewhat comfortable, I was bringing a lot. I had an air mattress, sleeping bag, pillow, blanket, my overnight bag, a bag of groceries with chips and salsa in it, AND a whole case of beer. Now my friend, CLJ, lives in this older community, with lots of little sidestreets with 3 or 4 houses on it, no sidewalks, either older couples or really young families. It's also VERY hilly. I turn off onto her cul-de-sac (with a grand total of4 houses on it), no street lights, no sidewalk, and her long, steep up hill driveway. Now, the list above of stuff, I decided to carry all at once. I figured just pile it on, one trip, DONE. I get it all together, start walking up the driveway, halfway through I'm losing circulation, but refuse to give up. I finally make it to the front door and it takes most of the strength I have left not to DROP the beer on the porch. I put it down so I can open the door and go inside. It was cold, I figured it be ok for a few minutes while I get settled, etc. Everyone starts showing up, we order the pizza, pizza comes very quickly, woooooo time for a beer!!!

Ummm, guys, where's my beer???

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

I hope he didn't get a good tip from you! :)

S said...

I'm with Sherrie.. I hope he didn't.
Side note.. sorry I havent followed your blog lately.. super busy. But I promise I am back and can't wait to read whats new in your world. :)

*D* said...

what?! that's just crazy! i'd never order pizza from them again! haha btw i see you're a kindergarten teacher. i'm one too! :)