Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 3

Here we are. Raleigh, NC. Day 3 of the completely (un)necessary house arrest. The storm has passed us now (4 days ago). You can barely see (the snow on) the roads. There is a massive amount of snow left everywhere.. almost half an inch.. in some spots. The wind blowing is an intense calm. And the sky, oh the foreboding winter sky, of partly sunny. Do I dare venture outside?!?! Yes, I bundle up in my tshirt and jeans and bravely force open the (barely used lately) front door. GASP! My skin, I can hardly handle this blistery temperature of 40 degrees and rising. Oh the humanity. OH Wake County Public Schools. How could I have ever doubted your decision to cancel classes for the 3rd day in a row. Monday, I saw the reasoning and embraced your decision. Tuesday, I openly mocked you, but occasionally gave in to your will. But today, today oh what have you done to us. Thank you, thank you, for taking away the workday the day after my birthday. THANK YOU, for adding a day to the end of the year. And then for today, thank you, for taking away, a day from my spring break. I truly do not know how I will every repay you for looking out for our safety in such a manner.

So here's to you school board. Hope you slept in today.


***** Please do not take this as bitter and cynical as it blatantly is. I love sleeping in, I love snow, but I also love my kids and I LOVE my spring break. I'm just bored and sarcastic as hell.

1 comments:

Victoria said...

I'll trade you some data entry for one of your snow days :)