Sunday, November 23, 2008

advice, help, tricks of the trade?

How do I stop biting my nails?


This is a bad habit that I have been fighting for over 20 years here people. It is a nervous habit. I do it when stressed, upset, over tired, etc etc..... welcome to my world. There is a picture of me, playing soccer (back in the day when we probably still swarmed the ball the entire length of the field), 5 or 6 years old, mid-game, biting my nails. I have tried just about everything in the past. I am ready to give it another go. I want nails by Christmas. I have a month. HELP!


5 comments:

Lisa said...

Do share the best secrets and results! Truth be told, I was biting my freakin' nails reading through my reader when this came through!!! AHHHHH! I feel your pain and would love a beautiful set (sans the $40 gel set manicure) by Christmas, too!

Well I Do Declare said...

I used to bite my nails, and the only thing that has worked for me is keeping them painted. Not clear polish because that isn't as noticeable when chipped. I usually keep OPI Bubble Bath on my hands. When my nails look nice, I don't want to mess them up. Of course, I often revert back to my old habits if one gets snagged and I don't have clippers on hand :(

Barefoot in the Park said...

i hear ya. i had pretty nails last week...then i went and bit them all off. ugh.

Polos & Pearls said...

I started getting mani's about every 2 weeks. I only get a clear coat painted on, but by spending the money and having good looking nails I have stopped biting them!

Polos & Pearls said...

I started getting mani's about every 2 weeks. I only get a clear coat painted on, but by spending the money and having good looking nails I have stopped biting them!