Sunday, January 9, 2011

"Don't judge a book by it's cover"

A fellow Ms. T (http://livinlavidacam.blogspot.com) told me this past weekend to well 1) update my blog and 2) to not judge a book by it's cover. Throughout the weekend I found myself having to remind myself of this many times for many different reasons. So here I am, updating my blog.....

With my birthday coming up in a month I've been doing a lot of thinking about the future and all that jazz. Pam, a fun friend we met last night at the bar, who, at the age of 45, grabbed my hand and told me to "let it all go, don't plan and get the hell out there and do the damn thing".

I have found myself in the company of a few people lately, that are nothing like what they appear to be. Last night, this was made ever so clear. Just because you think or other people think they know someone, how do you ever truly know what they are like. I fell (just a little) for a guy that was sweet, smart, good looking, and a straight up nice guy. I wasn't planning on it, it just happened. And then last night, he showed me what he was really after. In the past, I would try and fix this situation, thinking if I just give it some more time, maybe he'll come around; I mean, I'm having fun right? HELL NO. I am who I am, and I know what I want. If you aren't OK with that, then we're done. I would rather be alone then be with someone who doesn't want more than a bed buddy(duh, right?). This was a friend of a friend. I've known him for a little while. Supposed to be safe. I guess what I'm saying is you never know what you're gonna get. So I'm done picking out books based on the cover. It may look like a great book, but there is no guarantee that you're going to actually like it. No more just picking up romantic comedies, we're going to branch out and see what is out there. I'm not good at putting myself out there but sometimes you just have to get out of your own way. You never know because one minute a boy could be making you feel utterly cheap and easy, and then the next minute you could meet a boy from South Carolina who tells you that you have a beautiful smile and should use it more often ;)

Here's to not judging a book by it's cover and to lots and lots of reading in the future.

1 comments:

Victoria said...

sounds like a good philosophy to me. :) glad to see some news on the blog.