Thursday, January 28, 2010

WARNING

So as I drove home today after school, I really wanted to get something specific for dinner. I rarely venture to our the local Teeter after school for multiple reasons. At the end of the day I rarely look good enough to venture into the Cam Vill one, as I do not wish to meet my future husband with paint all over me.. then again, I guess that's something he'll have to get used to. Also, the parking is brutal. And the one up Oberlin, well, sometimes I just don't want to run into my girls from St Marys at the end of a long day and do the "COACH T!! How are you?! I miss you!" routine. BUT, today was an exception.....

Dear Raleigh,
Yes, it might snow. Yes, there could be freezing rain. Yes, it could be real slippery. So please listen. A) don't overstock on milk.. what if the electricity goes out B) if you don't already have bread in the house, do you really need 3 loaves RIGHT NOW C) get a (excuse my language) freaking grip here. If part of drivers education was learning about how to NOT freak out in winter weather, the south would (seriously) not be made fun of as much. As someone only from a state up, I get it, it doesn't happen all that often. But for the love of Pete, whomever he may be, just go slow, know your car, and stay on major roads if you have to, and just stay home if you can.

This has been a friendly public service announcement.

PS: SNOW PARTY HERE I COME

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Up hur in Occupiiiied Virginny we call it a snowpocalypse. And we just like to drive our front wheel drive bm-dubyas too fast in the snow till we crash them/have to abandon them in the snow.

In all seriousness I saw a stretch (as in limousine) VOLVO last week.

Also, I'm updating my blog!! I don't know why it's not showing up in your blog roll as updated. Maybe bc I'm private??

Barefoot in the Park said...

muhahaha. i had the same experience. i really wanted fish tacos so i stopped at the teeter. DUMB MOVE. in line for forever! but my fish tacos were delish.