Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Bar

There is a place in Raleigh that is unlike all others. R&WP calls it, "The Bar". I'm not entirely sure how I would describe this place, except... well, just simply amazing. If you weren't fully convinced how small ITB was, go to The Bar, and it'll get thrown in your face. That guy you were making out with on the dance floor last weekend, yea, he's over there talking to your roommate and you're new favorite friend that you're hanging out with at the moment, yea, they know each other. You can show up at this bar and you will find someone you know. It could be someone you went to Kindergarten with.... in Virginia. Or it could be some of your best friends, because they are awesome and amazing and I love that I know they'll be there. But last night, was a night for the books.

III, JHS, and Watkins were at The Bar. Now hear me out. This shouldn't happen. Just like KTP said, we should be safe at The Bar. But there they were. They hate The Bar. Have refused with promises of free alcohol AND food. Yet in they walked. Worlds were colliding ALL OVER THE PLACE. Now I apologize for those that do not know me, these people, this bar. But for those that do, you understand. In the end, it was a very fun night, definitely one to remember, made lots of new friends, danced, drank, and was very merry. But I believe I was in what I like to call "people overload". Every time I turned around someone else was there. I have this new friend and we seem to click very well. He's very easy to talk to. Without him and his "slutty", "desperate", "wasted", etc, commentary on the people around us, I think I may have been in shock. He was my comic relief for the night. So I've decided I like making new guy friends. No, seriously. I think things can get so wrapped up and though I didn't have someone to go home to/with, it put a huge smile on my face when I got a phone call saying he got home safe and was checking on me....

Something to be said about southern gentlemen.....

But let me reiterate, my new life theme song:

It's a small world after all.
It's a small world after all.
It's a small world after all.
It's a small
small
world!

0 comments: