Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tuesday Trivia

Yes, Yes, I know it's Wednesday. Last night, after giving CJ a ride home from school because she and the hubby are down to one car (after his got totaled after an accident driving her to school one morning... see what you get by trying to carpool and be green and rushing... karma), we had a glass of wine. We still had our Mardi Gras beads on from the staff meeting that morning. Our Principal is from New Orleans so every February we can expect to get to choose from some of her many beads. Anyways, to say thanks, CJ invites me in for a glass of wine when the husband calls all excited that he just remembered what day it was, and that we should go out for a proper drink. Now money is tight this week (we get payed on Friday!!), so I've been trying to be good and not drinking too much and staying away from smokey bars, when the husband says he'll treat if I go. WELL OKAY, if you insist. We end up picking a local bar that is right in between me and CJ's house, so I can just scoot on home after a couple beers (shhhh, I KNOW). When we get there, LO AND BEHOLD, it's trivia night. Another teacher friend was meeting us (phew, no longer 3rd wheel... atleast I'm used to it with CJ and husband, sometimes I feel like the little sister.. weird?). We were so taken aback, we were not prepared with a good name like all the other teams had, so we quickly just wrote down our school's mascot and turned it in. For a Kindergarten teacher, a 1st grade teacher, a special ed teacher, and an attorney, I was proud of us. There were some very obscure questions, and the husband bailed us out big time on some of the sports questions. Sadly, the team "Those girls would be a lot hotter if they weren't smoking" pulled ahead in the bonus round. I won't say we did great, but we were upper middle pack. Next time, and there will be a next time, the Wizards will be more prepared.

and this evening, I'm so excited to FINALLY be having my happy hour date with R&WP, Barefoot, and WIDD. Lord helps us to find a date the 4 of us could get together for half priced appetizers and drinks at The Bar. But we finally did it, and wooohoo!!!

4 comments:

Barefoot in the Park said...

1. i heart trivia

2. i heart happy hour (finally)

3. i heart you.

:)

Red and White Preppy said...

^ AMEN :)

Well I Do Declare said...

Ohhhhhhh! Trivia is so much fun! Can't wait for Happy Hour. Only took us 2 months to find a date!!!

Lisa said...

So wild that we all had a run in (unbeknown to us) at Fosters!