Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's raining men!!!!!!!!!!!



I wish..... But if you were in Raleigh last night, it was raining something. I have no idea what time it was but the thunder and lightning were right over head. There was so much lightning and it was so close, every time there was a strike, my phone would make this weird static sound. I was starting to get a little freaked out. It was the middle of the night but part of me wanted to call a big strapping young lad, but like I was going to touch that phone!!! So then I contemplated going and getting my roommate, but thought about how I've barely known her for 2 weeks, and though we get along fabulously, she might think it a little strange!! And don't get me wrong, I LOVE thunderstorms. Hello, I went to College in Williamsburg, Va, that place knows how to do storms... but this one was a leeetle close for comfort as I'm still getting used to sleeping in a new place. So I sucked it up and started day dreaming. That's what I do when I can't sleep. I day dream. Is it still day dreaming if it's the middle of the night and you're in bed???
I have a feeling I'll be better about blogging now that school is out. I will be working at the Toy store for the summer, and my hours are 10-6. Quite a different schedule, and NO snack time?!?!?! I did see the cutest thing yesterday. A young father came in with his two adorable young daughters. I would say 2 and 4ish. Blonde like you wouldn't believe and bright blue eyes. They were precious (dad wasn't so bad himself.... I mean). When they were leaving, the youngest wanted to be carried so he scooped her up in one arm and said "Well we can't leave out Lilly!" and scoops her up in the other arm, kisses them both on the forehead and walks out. I wish I could've taken a picture. It just struck me as so cute. I have some guy friends who say they are "cursed" and will only have daughters. I think they would all make great fathers, especially to girls, so I can't wait for the day they do have a daughter and they're hooked. I love my daddy to the moon and back and think the father-daughter bond is so important. Perhaps this is a little (late) ode to the Papa.

0 comments: