Sunday, June 8, 2008

and I've moved.....

If you aren't in the South at the moment, let me fill you in. It's hot. Not the run of the mill, living' in the South kind of hot..... HOT. 100 in the shade as highs, and who knows what the heat index is. I heard on the radio this morning that I should be thankful, thankful that the humidity is only about 40% or "we'd be in for some real hot days folks!" AND as luck would have it, this is the week I had to move. True, it was only about a mile up the road, but I was also doing it pretty much by myself. When I broke down in tears Wednesday night, as my Saturday deadline was drawing near, I finally broke down and sought out some help with the larger pieces that just won't fit in the Volvo. So here I am, Sunday evening, completely exhausted, sore, covered in bruises, but comfortable in my slowly coming together room.

My new roommate, AH, is a hoot. Absolutely adorable, so friendly, and we get along GREAT as roommates so far. I've only 'been' here for a few days and I already feel more comfortable and at home. At 25 you are just too damn (pardon the language) old to settle, to live in a place you aren't happy with. We've been to college, most of us had that random first roommate in the teeny tiny room. I also had Highschool on top of that. I'm glad I'm not living alone anymore. I like coming home and knowing someone else might be there. It's a comfort thing..

Speaking of comfort, we have our last field trip of the year. Yes yes, we did JUST go on one to the strawberry farm. Tomorrow is our second to last day of school. If it wasn't going to be so hot I would be thrilled about going to a park and riding the merry-go-round and sit outside for a picnic. But tomorrow's high has gone down.. a whole degree... to 100 degrees even... I can hear one of my students repeating a phrase I've taught them... "You have to roll with it Ms. T.... be flexible". Once, one of my very lovely students responded "But I aint flexible Ms. T... LOOK!". My response: "stretch".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely understand about the whole moving thing. So happy for your new place and great roomie :)

Butterfly in the Wolfpack said...

Glad you survived the move and are lovin' the new place!

Well I Do Declare said...

I can only imagine how miserable the move was in this heat! Hope you are enjoying the AC now while you get everything situated :)

Red and White Preppy said...

You've been tagged! :)