Monday, March 30, 2009

RECAP

Sorry for being MIA. I have been super crazy busy with school work. Working full time and taking classes two nights a week; just need some time to get used to it. So here is a little of what I've been up to, and what is to come!

Went to Charleston!!!
We want to go backWe love us some South Carolina!Had a grrrreat time

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This upcoming weekend, Pav, R&WP, III, TWF, W&I (hmm, they need names), and I are all heading up to good ole Virginia for the Old Dominion Hunt Races. This is a point-to-point just down the (country) road from my parents home. It's just like the big ones like The Derby, Preakness, etc etc, except super low key, out in the boone docks, and not such much dresses with big hats, but more the preppy horse-country attire. BUT, on the warmer days, it's hard to resist a good dress and hat.. ya know ;)

I haven't made it in 2 years, and the last time we went it was SUPER cold and raining the entire day. So what did we do... drink more and add layers.
TWF, Aussie, Bahr, ME, The (Future) Seivers, Shnookums, The LBS


Me and Papa.. He NEVEERR wears baseball caps, but I told him he would look adorable; don't you think?! And I'm wearing TWF's (long lost) cowboy hat

So I'm super excited to be heading up there with a wonderful group of people. Any suggestions for what to wear??? The above outfit was my JCrew Navy with green whales wellies, knee length khaki skirt, brown turtleneck sweater, puffy vest, green with navy (and ducks) lined rain coat. The weather looks promising. Potential showers the day before, but SUN and a high of 64 for Saturday. I always over think this. What is a springy, yet not too springy, skin-baring kind of outfit. I need an inspiration!

I was thinking this: My dress is navy, with sleeves.. but this is sorta similar...

and perhaps these:
http://shinymedia.headshift.com/shoewawa/images/photos/uncategorized/asoscowboy.jpg

Thoughts?

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I have almost those exact same boots... love at first stomp!

Anonymous said...

I love the outfit!! :)
You all have fun!! If you are ever in the SC area.. call me or e-mail me. I now live in Columbia. Not exciting ha-ha. But would love to meet up! :)

Barefoot in the Park said...

cute dress. i agree with boots BUT carry flops. because if the weather is beautiful (which it is supposed to be AND BETTER BE HERE AT LEAST FOR MY JL EVENT!) (sorry i digress) ...your feet could get hot. :)

Well I Do Declare said...

I think a dress with boots would be just the ticket. You know I am a BIG fan of the combo.

Your Dad is too cute :)

BLC :o said...

Aweee! Darling post, and I am loving the cowboy boots. Xoxo-BLC

Vicki T said...

keep me posted so I make sure I arrive properly attired :)

Vicki T said...

ps--bought Todd some new shirts this weeks in pretty spring colors SPECIFICALLY for this...will never forget the time he wanted to wear dark green chinos and a black shirt to Gold Cup...thank god you were there to take him to the store and get him some decent clothes!

Emily said...

So glad you had fun in Charleston! I am on Spring Break and heading there to see my sisters tomorrow! I love SC too but I am biased! If you do head back, let me know. I am in Chas. a lot visiting family!
Hope the races were fun!