Thursday, November 15, 2007

Fall is upon us

So after all the hubbub of not celebrating Halloween in the classroom, I have already begun wondering how I am to suppress my love for Christmas. I know it's not even Thanksgiving, but you know, 102.9 is already playing Christmas songs. I just can't wait to deck the halls, put up lights, increase the numbers of fires enjoyed with eggnog and hot chocolate. How can you not love this time of year!?

I finally got to wear my new Houndstooth rainboots today. They are so cute and I definitely wore them all day to show them off. Very comfortable, I must say. Just knowing the lining is pinks makes them 10 times more fabulous.

Sometimes I need to stop and take stock. Take a look at my life and what I've accomplished, or what I haven't. Make sure I am focused on my goals. Have my perspectives in order. It can be so easy to get sidetracked. It happens little by little sneaking in until you realize you're off track somehow. Sometimes looking back at old pictures helps me. You look at what you were, what you wanted at that time, and it makes you think. Some of my favorite pictures are of the ordinary days hanging out, those random nights out that turned fantastic. Or I remember those days we were all just sitting around and realized we wanted grilled cheese and tomato soup! How lucky we are that those little things are just that, little things. We can enjoy the small joys in life. So I'm getting back on track today. If you need to too, I hope this helps motivate. We can all do it. If you're reading this, I love you, and my life is more complete because of you. Thank you.

0 comments: